OCP!!!

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Scream my lungs out and try to get to you

Can I just vent really quickly a frustration I have?! What the heck is up with guys and being leaders? Why don't guys step out anymore and take the initative? I just started working with my youth group (8th grade girls... I am your new role model!!) and my youth pastor said that we now have plenty of girls working with the youth group but we are short on guys. I feel like this is such a commen trend. I don't understand why our society is trying to femenize guys so much and why we don't allow them to go with their instincts to want to be hero's and go to battel and all that. Anyways it just frustrates me.
I saw this amazing movie called "Crash". Oh mi gosh! Its AMAZING! My friend and I were screaming at the t.v. and crying. I HIGHLY recomend this movie.
My friends house caught on fire this weekend and it destroyed everything. Fortunatly his whole family was out, but his dogs were inside and died in the fire. It rocked us pretty intensly, but he's remaining such a rock... I feel that he is still in shock.
Hey those of you that have worked with jr. highers I would love to hear some pointers. I worry that they won't like me or won't think I'm fun. If you have any advice.. I would treasure it... just like I would treasure you!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Alyzzle said…

    I hate this spam crap, I got it on my blog too. Ummm, why are you going all Wild at Heart on us Heddo?

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger Aaron said…

    Girlfriend, I know where you are coming from. It seems the last several years have been the hardest when recruiting for staff in trying to find GOOD, QUALITY guys who want to serve.
    Todays males are mostly 'momma's boys' who are lazy with no work ethic and haven't a clue on etiquette or how to treat others.
    That's why when I find someone who DOES work well and has a good personality you want to keep them forever because they are so rare.

    Oh by the way if you go into your blog dashboard under 'comments' choose the 'word verification' option for people who leave comments and you shouldn't get anymore of that blog spam crap.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Brittany said…

    Hey I miss you babe. I understand your frustration, but God has a plan, just keep going. I am really proud of you. by the way I wore your sweatshirt last night:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home