OCP!!!

Monday, April 25, 2005

Ode to Alyssa

Alyssa has been doing nothing but complain to me that I have never written a blog about her, so this for you Alyssa.
Alyssa and I became friends when we lived at Hume Lake and we bonded over the fact that we both went to africa that summer. When I first met alyssa I thought she was quiet and a little akward... and as well all know now she doesn't shut up and she's lots of fun ;) Let me share a few memories with you. Living in the Joshua Building at Hume Lake for 9 months you tend to get cabin fever. One snowy day I gave alyssa a dead leg and she came after me and I was like oh crap she's gonna go ganster on me and kill me. So I did the next logical Christian thing to do. I took the bible and threw at her as hard as I could right in the leg. It stopped her long enough for me to run upstairs and hide in my bathroom. She waited outside of my bathroom door until I came out and then she practically killed me. She still has the knot on her leg where I threw the Bible.
Another day Alyssa and I had to walk down the "hell hill" and we were tired of walking so we dropped and rolled down the hill. I always ended up off the side of the road.
Last memory I'll share with you, right before I came to Pondi the first year I was going to stop by alyssa's house and stay a few nites before we all drove to camp. I sent out an email to everyone in Joshua saying that I was goign to be at alyssa's... then I wrote.. Party at Alyssa's BYOB. I wrote it as a joke but people started calling alyssa asking her about the party. Her mom threatened my life before I even met her.
Alyssa we've shared lots of fun memories, lots of tears, and I am so very blessed to have you in my life. Now stop complaining about me never talking about you in my blog!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Alyzzle said…

    I feel so honored! I was just telling the story about us rolling down the Joshua hill! Sorry I didn't get your call today. I forgot my phone at home. We'll talk soon.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Alyzzle said…

    Just for the record, I don't think I'm awkward. Thanks!

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Brittany said…

    I want to be oded to!Well actually that's ok, you dont have to, you are probably busy taking care of ovaries, and what not.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home