OCP!!!

Sunday, February 20, 2005

God stuff

So for the past couple of weeks things have been going really well with God and I, He has been teaching me so much and I'm loving it. There's been a ton of spiritual warfare, but that's to be expected for any growing believer. So for lent I gave up being so dependent on friends and more dependent on God, it's been going amazingly well... but I went to the extreme. I would feel guilty about talking to my friends about anything. So I stopped talking to them, one of my best friends called me and knew something was going on but I couldn't explain it to him. I began to feel so overwhelmed with thoughts... like where is the balance between God and friends? Finally... tuesday night I had a breakdown. I called my friend around midnight and just started crying. I was trying to explain myself but I was crying to hard and he was like ya... I have no idea what your saying. Finally after a few minutes he understood and was able to explain it too me (he said bc he doesn't have emotions things come much clearer... is that true guys?) Anyways my whole deal was that I was afraid that by telling my friends my struggle that I was being unfaithful to God, and that I was going to fall back into my dependency phase again and that scared me. I also told him how I re-read my old journal from this summer till now and realized what a burden I was to people. Mmm good one satan, filling my head with lies.
ANYWAYS the point is that God has put amazing people in my life... AMAZING. And these people that I trust love me for who I am. Today at church my youth pastor said that again that even Paul called to Timothy (after talking to God) for some help and comfort.
THIS is just a little shout out to all of you that read my blog... you have all had some influence on me and I really appreciate it. You in some way have shaped the person that I am today, and I am so blessed to have you in my life. I really am. Even if we don't really talk that much and just read each others blogs know that I am thankful for you and I love you all and thank God that you are in my life.
Wow... I'm really nice ;)

2 Comments:

  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Brittany said…

    Heather I love you, I am happy to hear of your growth spirts?/spurts?
    I am so thankful I got to know you this sum, your sis

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Alyzzle said…

    Heather, even though you call at really bad times (I have a meeting tomorrow at 9am) I still love you and miss you and hope to see you soon. Come stay with me in my trailer. It's like camping all the time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home