OCP!!!

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Theological question

So I'm reading a Max Lucado book called "In the grip of grace" and there was this one part that Max (him and I are like best friends so we are on the first name basis) mentioned Jefferey Dauhmer... the man that killed like 17 people and ate them. This man did awful and brutal things to these people and during the trial showed absolutly no remorse. Then while he was on death row he became a "born again christian", a few months later an inmate killed him. So I'm reading this and I got really bothered by it. So here's where I just want anyones input. I to a degree can understand God's grace, and that God will completly forgive our sins when we repent, but what about God's justice? I fully believed growing up that there are consequences for our actions. I just don't know if I can see God's justice in this story. Or should I not even try too look for it b/c he was no worse a sinner than I am? I don't know if I am even making sense it is just something that I have been thinking about for a while now and just wanted peoples input. Thanks friends :)

5 Comments:

  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger Jeffrey said…

    Heather,
    First, Jeffrey Dahmer murdered and dismembered people, the eating part was sort of exagerated, but point being, it was horrible. So, yeah, I guess I'd say, we are no worse. Maybe the justice is served by being alive in this sin filled world, or maybe justice isn't at all what we want to think it is. Christ did die for the sins of all, not just those who didn't commit mass murder. So, I guess we'd just have to say, well, this grace thing is truly amazing, and Dauhmer was living and dying proof. My 1.5 cents.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Alyzzle said…

    Hi Heather! So I just read an article on this topic and thought it funny that you would ask this question. You can look at the article at http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2005/001/19.65.html
    I would have to say I'm agreeing with Jeff here. What this man did was disgustingly horrific but Jesus' blood covers ALL sin. We'll have to discuss this over the phone, I'd write too much :) Anyway, Happy New Year!

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Nathan Frampton said…

    Interesting blog.

    You may want to check out my blog "Framptonia" at nathanframpton.blogspot.com, I think you would find it interesting. I have a few contributors. We all have different views sot here are some great discussions.

    You may also want to try blog explosion to get more readers on your blog. The more Blogs you read, the more traffic you get. I have a blog explosion link on my blog if you want to check it out.

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger KS said…

    NUNN you need to post a new blog!

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger stacey said…

    Heather, update your blog whore!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home