OCP!!!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

cults ARE crazy

So last week I was driving up to my church when I noticed a man standing at one of the entrances with a walkie talkie. I immediatly thought... ooohhhh... I wonder what game he's playing?! Then as I drove a little bit further up the rode to the next entrance I saw another man with a walkie talkie standing next to my father. Then I thought... ooohh i bet its a fun scavenger hunt! (no joke those are my thoughts). As I am turning into the church I realize there are a ton of picketers lining the streets. They have signs saying "HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN" and then "YOU'RE PASTOR IS A HYPOCRITE". I was like this is NOT a fun scavenger hunt. These people found out that a women in our congregation agrees with gay marriages... so they thought that our church was this awful church that was preaching on sin. They told my pastor "How dare you allow sinners into your church". It was insane. They were yelling at people, telling us we were all going to hell. It was quite the scandal in our quaint little town. Anyways I want you guys to check out this site and see how crazy... seriously crazy... cults can be!! It was NUTS!!

http://www.churchofthedivide.org/ and then click on the picket of FBC and then watch the video. How do they justify their actions? They are condeming people and doing it in such a hateful way. Where is love and mercy, grace and forgiveness?! Again... crazy cults!!! :)

5 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Alyzzle said…

    ugh! It makes me so sick.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger AmericanRiverNews said…

    Heather,

    I watched their video posted on churchofthedivide.org and I think it's a good biblical message they are presenting to your church.

    Freddie Oakley is obviously promoting something God has condemned (sodomy/gay marriage). First Baptist Church in Davis should having nothing to do with her unless she repents. The reason is biblical: "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness; but rather reprove them." (Ephesians 5:11).
    If she will not repent, the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 5:13 (as quoted on one of their signs), "Remove the evil person from among you"... "With such a person do not even eat". This refers specifically to people who call themselves Christians, but continue in sin.

    Be very careful with what manner you judge. You're unbiblical, harsh judgment of Church of the Divide is a clear violation of Jesus command in Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

    You wonder where the love is?
    Well, "Where's the love, mercy, grace and forgiveness" in First Baptist Church banning that guy in the video off their property? Would Jesus do that? The guy at First Baptist wouldn't even tell the guy being kicked off why he couldn't come to the service. Isn't that a hateful way to treat a newcomer?"

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Alyzzle said…

    Wow Heather,

    Jon was probably there holding one of those signs right along with the cultish pharisees.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger KS said…

    Heather,

    Who is this Guy? The homosexual community is one of the biggest unreached groups in the United States. How dare those people come to your church!
    I hate when people pull the J (Jesus) card... Would Jesus do this? Would Jesus do that? I don't know why don't you freaken ask him!
    Heather, I support you and your church.. Too bad here isn't more churches like yours!
    It's one area to be missunderstood and another to be ignorant!
    I'm mad!

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger AmericanRiverNews said…

    Alyssa,

    Actually, there's a lot of people that agree with the Bible and support the actions that church of the divide took against first baptist.

    They brought up biblical quotes to back up their reason for opposing first baptist's position. I don't believe you've done that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home